Search This Blog

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cute Pink Cozyness

Good afternoon and happy Thursday everyone! The weekend is almost upon us. Hopefully spring is almost upon us as well! On Tuesday we got a taste of things to come with 70 degree temps and sunshine all day. Today, however we are stuck inside as it is now 24 degrees outside! When it's this cold out we all need something to keep us warm, especially the little ones.

Last week I shared with you an afghan that I crocheted for my cousin Mal as a baby shower gift. If you didn't get a chance to see it you can click here and take a look. In that post I promised to show you the reversible flannel receiving blankets that I made to go along with the afghan.

I really enjoyed every step in making these blankets, although I think that choosing the fabric was my favorite. My local Joann Fabrics had an adorable selection of cozy flannel prints to pick from. Since I knew I was shopping for a baby girl I limited myself to shades of pink. There were so many precious patterns in all the colors. I had a hard enough time choosing only three pairs of patterns out of the one color, if I had let myself look at all the colors I would have left there with enough flannel for blankets for a dozen babies! 

These blankets were made bigger than most other receiving blankets at 33 inches x 33 inches. They also have a darling print on the front and back so that either side can be displayed for variety.

As soon as flannel goes on sale again I will be making some more of these delightful blankets and I will be sure to share the results with you!


Bears on the front. Polka dots on the back.
Close up of decorative top stitching. 
                                            

Custom label by ananenmone labels 
                                     

Close up of the work in progress.


I chose this top stitching because I thought that it looked like little
whale tails!

The animals within the dots are adorable.
Wavy top stitching
All folded up and ready for gifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment