Search This Blog

Monday, February 17, 2014

The Crochet Bug

I got the crochet bug when I was a little girl. My grandmother Mary taught me how to do the basic stitches and I was hooked (pun intended) for life. I would pick up the hook and yarn on and off over the years until three years ago when I really got serious about it again.
To freshen up my skills and add some new stitches to my arsenal I turned to YouTube for video tutorials. I never could read a pattern and being a visual learner this was the perfect solution. Learning from the videos was even a little tricky for me. It turns out that I do things a little bit differently than everyone else because the grandmother who taught me crochet is left handed! So I hold my yarn differently and I tend to work from the back instead of the front. I tried to change how I work but I am so used to the other way that I gave up. I might have to adjust some projects to my way of doing things but as long as the end result is the same I figure it doesn't matter how I get there!


I love to crochet. It is the perfect cold weather hobby. Curled up under a blanket with a fresh skein of yarn watching a show with my husband is a perfect evening. The satisfaction, pride and accomplishment I feel when completing a project or mastering a new stitch can't be beat. 


Do you crochet or knit? What are your favorite things about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment