Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Baby Girl Afghan

I used Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in Neopolitan

   When I found out that my cousin Mal was going to have a baby girl, I knew that I wanted to crochet an afghan for her. Her mom told me that the nursery theme was going to be mossy oak camouflage in pink. Perusing the shelves of Joann Fabrics one afternoon I came upon the lovely yarn that I would use for this project. The shades of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry come together perfectly in this afghan and will hopefully match the nursery theme as well!

Personalized label from Etsy shop Ananemone Labels

I chose to use a shell stitch for this afghan. A shell stitch is so cute and cozy for a baby girl's blanket! The above video is the one that I used to learn how to do the shell edging on the afghan. 



I wish that I would have remembered to measure the dimensions of the blanket before I gave it to Mal. Then you would know the actual size but it was big enough to keep a baby warm and small enough for an older child to carry around as their "blankie".

I also made some reversible flannel receiving blankets for Mal's baby girl. I will post about those soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment