Search This Blog

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sew Inspirational

I have told you before about my Grama Mary. She taught me to crochet and so many other things. She is one of my biggest inspirations. I spent much of my childhood and adolescence with her and my Pap Popsey (his name was Charles but we called him Popsey).
It was my Grama Mary that made me want to sew.

I can't remember exactly how many years ago that Grama Mary learned to quilt. At least ten years ago she made me a quilt of my very own. So I know it was at least that long ago! I love this quilt so very  much. It is one of my most prized possessions. Shades of lilac, violet, and cream flannel are stitched together and adorned with flower appliques. A rough edged rag quilt detail adds to the coziness of the blanket. I have found much comfort over the years wrapped up in the warmth of this quilt. It always felt like I was getting a hug from Grama Mary herself. It is because of her quilts that I wanted to take up sewing myself. I wanted to provide the same comfort to others that my beloved Grama always provided to me.

A few years ago my husband gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. I still haven't learned to quilt. But I have started to learn other things. I have taken a few classes and am learning some more from online tutorials and Youtube videos.

One day soon I will make a quilt and I know Grama Mary will be proud.


Who or what inspired you to sew?

No comments:

Post a Comment